Dotty Dot Dot Background





Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Little Secret...

If you haven't met BookSneeze yet, well you need to introduce yourself. It's my newest, favorite website! For some reason, my friends who know that I LOVE to read decided to keep their little secret to themselves. How did I discover it you ask? Well, it just so happens that I actually won a free book from one of my friends that was giving one away. I was excited! I won! And then I discovered wait, he got it too - for FREE! I actually still haven't received that free book from my friend (you know who you are and I hope you feel reaaaaally guilty right now!), but you know what I have tons of other free books to choose from too. And they're actually really good reads! I'm telling you...I am one of those people that judges a book by it's cover. If it's not pretty, I am NOT picking you up to even read what you're about. If it is pretty, well you get to be the lucky book I pull off the shelf. I first read the back and if I'm interested I go ahead and read the first page. If I'm not captured in that first 20 seconds. You're done. Back on the shelf. On to the next book. I'm serious. This is how I choose my books at Barnes and Noble. I eventually find that lucky book that I take to the register and I am rarely disappointed. And needless to say, when I hear that will be $27.89 it hurts. We shouldn't have to spend that much on books! I do shop on Amazon for a lot of my books, but the only problem is that I have to wait for it in the mail. And while I do LOVE mail...when I want to read a book - by gosh I want to do it now! So I have decided to go the free way...and it still gets mailed, but I think BookSneeze is faster than Amazon. It's simple. All you have to do is visit www.booksneeze.com, and create an account. Choose your first book - I am currently reading Plan B by Pete Wilson and let me tell you it speaks to my heart. They will then mail you your book in 7-10 days. Read your book. Then post a review about the book you read on your blog and on a review on a consumer website (amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, booksamillion.com, etc.) and mention that Thomas Nelson allowed you the opportunity to review the book. After you have done that, let BookSneeze know and submit the pages where they are posted. Then request your next book! Easy, huh!? I hope you enjoy this website that I had been hidden from for so long. Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo fun! I totally need to check it out ASAP! Plus, I need some fun, cheerful, girly reads - I'm open to suggestions! :)

    PS- Of course we will roadtrip together! Duh!! Phone date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest Harry Potter...but you're cool enough to know it's already wonderful! ; ) That's my suggestion for everything! Girlie book blog...coming soon!

    ReplyDelete